Contact: Michael J. Webb
Phone: (877) 784-6507
Chicago, Ill (August 31, 2005) — Increasing the flow of prospects through the sales funnel is a goal that seems elusive and perhaps even impossible for many companies without some breakthrough or new technology to create a “Market Tornado.”
However, a new approach for managing the sales funnel is emerging that is itself a breakthrough. Borrowing from principals that produced dramatic improvements in manufacturing productivity in the last 30 years, this new approach is starting to help divisions of companies such as Citibank, Oracle, IBM, GE, and smaller companies to achieve remarkable successes.
On September 20, Sales Performance Consultants, Inc. is offering a teleconference focused on “How to Make Your Sales Funnel Flow Faster.” The teleconference will interview Mr. Hugh Macfarlane, author of the book “The Leaky Funnel – Earn More Customers by Aligning Sales and Marketing to the Way Businesses Buy” (2003, Bookman Media Pty Ltd). Michael Webb, president of Sales Performance Consultants, Inc. has published a review of “The Leaky Funnel” (www.salesperformance.com/.
Questions the “How to Make Your Sales Funnel Flow Faster” teleconference will answer:
- What is the key to getting prospects to move through the funnel faster?
- What can companies do to help their marketing and selling organizations be more efficient and effective?
- How can you minimize the inevitable risks of changing the marketing and selling process?
- How much does being successful depend on special software and measurement vs just doing the right things?
Attendees to the teleconference will hear Mr. MacFarlane present topics from the book “The Leaky Funnel” as well as some examples of marketing and selling organizations from his files that have overcome huge challenges and achieved dramatic breakthroughs, without requiring large investments of capital, or making risky decisions. Participants will also come away with:
- Specific examples of how to align their company’s marketing and selling process with the way their prospects and customers buy
- A series of steps their company needs to go through to understand how their customers buy and how they can recast marketing and sales to assist them in those efforts
- A list of factors that can typically cause resistance in any organization, and what to do to avoid or overcome the resistance
- A pdf copy of the presentation material used in the presentation
- A downloadable MP3 version of the teleconference and the question and answer period
- Resources for learning more information on this fascinating and important topic.
Attendance for this maximum 90 minute teleconference is limited to 50 participants. The fee (exclusive of promotional coupons or discounts) is $29.95. For more information, visit www.salesperformance.com/fasterfunnel.aspx.
Michael J. Webb is President of Sales Performance Consultants, Inc., a consultancy devoted to helping senior executives who are struggling to measure and improve unreliable and unmeasurable processes for finding, gaining, and keeping customers. Mr. Webb delivered the keynote address for the first two conferences held on applying Six Sigma to marketing and sales. He has helped clients such as American Express, 3M, Marriott, and many others to improve their sales processes and results. He also works with certain sales training firms to integrate best selling practices into client's sales operations. Mr. Webb’s website (www.salesperformance.com) contains information and resources for companies that want to improve their sales performance. You can reach him at (877) 784-6507 or email@example.com.
Hugh Macfarlane was responsible for the Internet business of Digital Equipment Corporation in the South Pacific. At Digital, Hugh's team of sales/marketing, technical support and consulting personnel helped Digital's customers and partners capitalize on the potential of the Internet and its commercial capabilities. In doing so, Hugh grew Digital's annual revenues from this segment from $2 million to $35 million over 18 months. He is founder and managing partner of MathMarketing (www.mathmarketing.com), the Australian sales and marketing effectiveness company that advises AAPT, Aviva, AXA, Citibank, Colonial, Compaq, Computer Associates, GE, IBM, Optus, Oracle, Perpetual, Telstra, Zurich and others. Hugh has now led over 160 marketing strategy projects for businesses pursuing growth.