Working with SPC
SPC collaborates with a few B2B sales and marketing organizations at a time to help them progress through the stages of process excellence capability and maturity.
Initially, SPC assists you in defining and discovering the causes of your current conditions. This enables us to mutually identify an approach to improvement that will work for the client (i.e., from scratch? Lean or six sigma culture? Kaizen and PDSA? Or, something else?).
- If we find the right approach and a common purpose, SPC leads your team through the final stages of the Discovery engagement to identify the best places to begin improving.
- Team leaders are selected, and improvement frames (a form of project charter designed for sales environments) are developed.
- The teams receive coaching as they determine what and how to create improvement, based on the data available.
- We help sponsors to establish an effective framework and cadence for reviewing and supporting improvement.
These initiatives often involve Voice of Customer, sales value stream mapping, operational definitions of qualification criteria, some degree of sales process design, and an explicit method for deploying and improving the work. The ultimate goal is to enable self-sufficiency and self-improvement via co-designed and deployed processes and tools.
It is common for salespeople and sales managers become strongly committed to the new approaches. Typically, by the end of one year, SPC methods are heavily adopted to target and deploy new growth initiatives. These may span beyond traditional selling to the new product pipeline, Voice of the Customer, customer service, and other areas sales growth is dependent on, but cannot control.
Unique Core Strengths of SPC:
- Street smarts and experience in today’s selling (essential credibility with salespeople)
- Deep experience in sales management, sales training, marketing, and content and internet marketing
- Background in lean, six sigma, lean A-3 standards, Deming cycle, and statistical root cause analysis
- Repeatable sales process design approach: right process at a useful level of detail
- Proprietary data technology to support sales process measurement and improvement
- Standardized, teachable methods utilizing best practices and transferable terminology common to today’s best lean companies
- Coaching frameworks for sponsor executives, process owners, and teams